Process improvement & organisational design
Morrison Facilities Services specialised in providing repairs and maintenance services in Social Housing. Morrison was responsible for the maintenance of more than 400,000 properties in the UK. And, in the company was bought by Mears Group.
Navigation Partners were engaged to support the company’s in-house team in delivering an operational toolkit to improve consistency of service across contracts.
The following activities were required to make this happen:
- Review and improve processes for service delivery across diverse service areas
- Design of new processes and training documents for a diverse range of contracts
- Transfer skills to internal teams for roll-out across 32 major Local Authority contracts
- Identify key stakeholders and gain sponsorship from the CEO
- Define a group to scope and champion the project across the business
- Work directly with representatives from the local authorities to gain early user buy-in and ensure executive sponsorship in place
- Bring together contract teams that all believed they were different and had different requirements
Rising to the Challenge
- The processes were designed using cross-contract personnel to ensure greater ownership buy-in
- Developed a clear communication plan with regular updates and tracking of progress to ensure that all stakeholders were proud to be part of the project. Ensuring that there were words of encouragement from the CEO
- Encouraged the team to see the client as a partner that could aid in improvements to service delivery
- The project delivered a clear operational toolkit, which an initial group were trained on so that they could continue the roll out and carry out continuous improvements