Process improvement projects
Mount Green is a medium sized Housing Association, responsible for managing around 1,500 homes in and around the Surrey region. For half a century they have been providing homes to those in most need of them, but the day came when it was the association itself that found itself in need.
“Delivering the Difference” was a programme of projects that looked at numerous processes across all tenant facing elements of the housing service to ensure that opportunities were fully realised. The main objectives of the programme were to improve the tenant experience while increasing employee skills, satisfaction and efficiency. However, a number of areas also impacted the organisation’s structure and therefore some re-organisation was required.
- The projects covered all tenant facing aspects of housing. For each project the as-is and to-be processes were mapped
- Confirmation of improvements / process alignments that could improve tenant experience or deliver savings for the organisation
- Review the use of current internal systems and how the use could be expanded to deliver efficiencies
- Detailed training and SLA reporting
- Reluctance of the main contractor to adapt to new ways of working
- In the face of change that could well result in job losses team spirit had to be maintained across Mount Green
- To design processes with mutual benefits for both Mount Green and their contractors
Rising to the Challenge
- Designed processes that mapped benefits for both organisations and demonstrated how SLA’s could be improved. Discussed with teams how the project would improve both skills and prospects for success in future roles for the organisation
- Negotiated commercial arrangements with the contractor to ensure that no additional costs were incurred by the client
- Gained full commitment for simple design processes that could translate into system interface designs based on a clear understanding of how end-to-end best practice maintenance processes should work. As a result, delivered higher quality to tenants and more focused SLA’s
- The outcome of this project was the achievement of significant savings across the organisation resulting from improved processes
- The management team were provided with the tools they needed to check that these new processes were being adhered to and the ability to deliver refresher training where and when it was required
Read what Nick Ronald, Chief Executive of Mount Green Housing Association said about us:
“The Navigation Partners team repeatedly went above and beyond to deliver the changes required; they ensured that Mount Green team members were engaged continuously and effectively. They have delivered real value to the organisation in a short timeframe.
The commercial experience they bring has given us a fresh insight into delivering more service for less.”Nick Ronald, Chief Executive
Mount Green Housing Association