Process improvement project
Waverley Borough Council were seeking to engage a consultancy with process re-engineering and project management skills to deliver a programme of projects across the Waverley Housing Organisation.
Following the initial process review stage Navigation Partners were successful in winning the tender to deliver a programme of projects across the Waverley Housing Organisation focusing on service improvement and efficiencies. The processes in scope included all aspects of Housing; Rent collection and arrears, repairs and maintenance, homelessness, anti-social behaviour, voids and lettings.
- The programme of projects required continuous change across the function over a 12-month period and ongoing staff engagement had to be maintained
- A broad range of staff from multiple functions was involved from across the Council
- Against a backdrop of failed projects across the council, members required re-assurance that this high-profile change would be delivered
Rising to the Challenge
- A schedule of staff communications and opportunities to celebrate successes were planned to ensure that staff motivation was maintained
- Staff involvement in the projects was rotated to ensure that the maximum number of team members benefited from the knowledge transfer
- Relationships were built up between departments that had often worked in silos, ensuring that they worked more closely together going forward
- Regular updates were planned for member committees to ensure that they were kept up-to-date with progress
- Internal Audit were engaged in the projects early and encouraged to include a number of the changes in the audit review for the following period. This provided early re-assurance on the quality procedures in place
Read what Jon Poore, Strategic Director at Waverley Borough Council said about Navigation Partners:
“They bring a freshness and enthusiasm to a project that will engage staff in the process of looking for, and implementing, service improvements. They also have some proven methodologies and templates to facilitate the process, which means the project can focus on genuine, valuable outcomes. I enjoyed working with their team and value their contribution to our improvement programme.”Jon Poore, Strategic Director
Waverley Borough Council